ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra Review Thread(Spoilers Allowed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Action. Yes there is. Plenty of it. There are 4 major action sequences and a training sequences which is pretty entertaining. Each gets progressively bigger and better. And the last action sequence is wow. There’s a lot going on in it, and it is orchestrated very well. It felt a lot like watching the final action sequence from the various SW films, the end of X2, or a BSG epic fight. Action wise it had it all, explosions, gun fights, fist fights, high speed chases, epic “space” battles, stealth, military fire fights, foot chases, and ninjas.
Action. This is all I care about in a movie like this. This is all I cared about in a movie like Transformers too. It's not that my expectations are low, it's just that action is all I go to these kinds of movies for. In something like a Christopher Nolan film, I expect certain things. As with a toy film, I just want eye candy. It's like going for a burger when you want a burger, or a steak if you want a steak. I wasn't gonna see the film, but I might now, maybe on a weekday if it's a slow night for me. Thanks for the review, dude. Yours was a little more level headed than some of the others I've been reading on the web.

Last edited by pud333; 08-08-2009 at 10:28 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping