ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Marvel Universe 3.75" discussion

I don't know about anybody else, but I had really been looking forward to these figures ever since I saw the first pics up at hisstank.com.

However, now that I have them... I'm not as thrilled about them. I like the molds and the designs in general, but something is off. They just don't seem that "fun." And it's not that I play with them, I don't play with any of my toys, they sit on my shelf, but they don't seem as cool as I thought they'd be. Maybe my expectations were way too high. Coincidentally, I had been bashing the DC Infinite Heroes figures for weeks before actually owning one, and when I finally got one, everything turned around for me. It was the exact opposite effect of the Marvel ones.

My favorite superheroes are Superman and Batman, but in general, I'm pretty much a Marvel kind of guy. Always has been. So I guess what I'm saying is, perhaps I expected too much. I guess I can chalk this up to a lesson in managing my expectations. Lesson learned.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Marvel 3.75" thoughts.

for me, I have most of the 1st wave. I like them. But seeing what they are coming out with (comic packs, 12" figs, etc) its gotten me excited about this line. I have feet in both camps (Marvel/DC) but I've always leaned towards the Marvel side, its what I grew up on.

I think down the line, the sculpts will get better. The 1st series iron man has a terrible head, but the ones coming out (battle pack/wave 3?) look wicked.

I just think its a learning curve that hasbro is going through.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper

I'll be honest, they look like they're good, little display toys which I'd probably get if I wasn't saving up for Revenge of the Fallen merchandise. I'll probably get the odd favourite of mine like Punisher and hopefully Venom down the line. I just didn't like the blue on Punisher, mine has to be black and white
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

That Secret Wars Wolverine looks sweet, I love the brown costumed Logan!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
Robimus
Super Moderator

They look to be of a nice quality of figure. I'd love to hear about their possability a bit once somebody gets their hands on some.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 AM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
They look to be of a nice quality of figure. I'd love to hear about their possability a bit once somebody gets their hands on some.
The possability is actually really very good. Just as good, if not better than the 25th anniversary joes. Some of the figures, like Captain America, has more possability. For example, he's got ball jointed arms, that can bend at the elbow and rotate at the wrist. body swivels much like the 25th joes, double jointed knees, feet can move at the ankles, and the legs can rotate just below the knee. Some of the figures like Wolverine and Spiderman have additional rotation of the arms at the bicep. So yeah, great articulation.

The newer figures in the two packs look promising.

Last edited by pud333; 02-17-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

has wave 2 been released in canada yet? I believe HTS has begun shipping to anybody who ordered from them.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
has wave 2 been released in canada yet? I believe HTS has begun shipping to anybody who ordered from them.
Not yet, as far as I know. Smalljoes was shipping both waves up to about three weeks ago, and BBTS just started shipping theirs yesterday I think, so I figure Wave 2 should be in retail probably next month.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #9
PointofArticulation

I love the paint on Iron man and Silver Surfer! The pearlescent (sp?) on the Surfer is the best paint I've ever seen on him. Plus I think the sculpts blow the DCU figs out of the water. The assortment is far stronger. I like all the DC Direct stuff way better than the marvel stuff generally, but Marvel is kicking their collective asses in the 3 3/4 scale!

So am I the only one that's going to mention the size of punisher's gargantuan melon head? I mean c'mon! Put him next to Ironman. It's ridiculous! His head is bigger than shellhead with the helmet on!
PointofArticulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I'm loving the line, but I am pissed that we seem to have gotten the revision wave 1 cases. That means no Bullseye or Human Torch (Flame on).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel universe