ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-19-2024, 04:19 AM   #61
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: GameStop Policy Changes

Both of the new Black Series Target exclusives, Mandalorian Privateer, and R5-D4 & Pit Droids pack, are on Gamestop's site right now.

However, this release, along with last week's Target exclusive GI Joe Classified Wreckage & Tiger Paw, is hopefully a sign that we can expect more Target exclusives to skip TRU, and head to Gamestop or other Fan Channel outlets in Canada.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:25 AM   #62
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Both of the new Black Series Target exclusives, Mandalorian Privateer, and R5-D4 & Pit Droids pack, are on Gamestop's site right now.

However, this release, along with last week's Target exclusive GI Joe Classified Wreckage & Tiger Paw, is hopefully a sign that we can expect more Target exclusives to skip TRU, and head to Gamestop or other Fan Channel outlets in Canada.

Actually it is looking more and more like the recent spate of Target exclusives are now either Fan Channel, or just general options for Canada. Site Sponsors like DJC, ToySnowman, etc have these items listed for preorder as well.

So it may just be a case of everyone getting a chance at them now, TRU included. I guess we'll see in a bit when they start showing up. If they don't show up at TRU then we know they probably passed. If they show up at TRU as well then it was a wider release in Canada.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:27 AM   #63
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Either way, more choice in the market, and less reliance on TRU is always a good thing.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:12 AM   #64
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Doesn't effect Target exclusive Transformers. They still need to be found at TRU like Blaster and Wheeljack.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:15 AM   #65
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Doesn't effect Target exclusive Transformers. They still need to be found at TRU like Blaster and Wheeljack.
Or not found, as is the case with my local TRUs.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:09 PM   #66
TriBlurr
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post

Seems to be a case by case situation there. The United 4 Pack is available through Fanchannel.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 01:01 PM   #67
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Just a heads up, I went and returned a game I bought to get free shipping today, and as I've done in the past told the manager that's why I was returning apparently they have a new policy to charge for the shipping now.

So if you do it I'd suggest not being honest lol. And saying you forgot to cancel it, or something along those lines.
lifedragon99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 01:26 PM   #68
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Just a heads up, I went and returned a game I bought to get free shipping today, and as I've done in the past told the manager that's why I was returning apparently they have a new policy to charge for the shipping now.

So if you do it I'd suggest not being honest lol. And saying you forgot to cancel it, or something along those lines.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:48 PM   #69
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Why would you have been honest and tell the store you were only selecting an item to get free shipping, fully intending to return it afterwards? You’re too nice.

Reminds me of Jerry trying to return the blazer and saying he wanted to return to simply out of spite
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 01:50 PM   #70
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Why would you have been honest and tell the store you were only selecting an item to get free shipping, fully intending to return it afterwards? You?re too nice.

Reminds me of Jerry trying to return the blazer and saying he wanted to return to simply out of spite
Store clerk: "Spite is not a valid reason for a return."

Jerry: "Okay, it doesn't fit."

Store clerk: "Sorry, you already said spite."

Tags
collectibles, figures, gamestop, return policy, toys